Sunday, August 22, 2010

I want to go back!!!

Let me first off by saying this- I want to go back!!! Ok, now that I got that out of my system. Vacation was wonderful! I think Tony and I needed this break more than ever. We didn't have a vacation last year, and we were definately due for one!

Our drive down to Myrtle Beach was ideal. we left at 10:30 p.m and Tony drove through the night. We reached Myrtle Beach at 1:00. We checked into our large 3 bedroom, 3 bath, large condo (2200 square feet!) with our large balcony overlooking the pool and intercoastal waterway and I knew I was in heaven.

We spent some time at the beach, a lot of time at the pool , and did various other vacation type things. I was more relaxed than I have been in a long while. The first night we drove to see Diana and Brent at the campground. I met Heidi for the first time at her house. I couldn't help feeling like her mannerism were so much like Heather's. I again felt an overwhelming feeling of sadness at not seeing Heather for two years- i need to see her!

Heidi was down to earth, fun, and overall quite lovely! I couldnt be luckier. We went to the campground where Brent was right ahead of us. I was so excited to see him again and equally excited to meet Diana. She was just a doll, like I thought she would be.

That night driving into the campground, i saw an alligator! I also tasted a southern treated, boiled peanuts. it was an exciting night.

I enjoyed a day at Heidi's house where I met her cutie pie son Landon- sixteen months old. It was not lost on me that he was about the same age as my other nephew Benjamin who died almost 10 years to that day. Life has introduced once again to another baby nephew. Ben and Heather had been on my mind this week as I knew the 10 year anniversary of his death was looming. Perhaps that is one of the reasons why I have longed to have Heather's company.

On the brighter side, Brent has become an integral part of my life already. I enjoy his company as he is funny, intelligent, and happy person. I am proud to say he is my father too. Tony and I are already planning a long weekend to fly to GA to spend time with him and tour nearby Savannah.

Tomorrow will be a most difficult day to go back to work. I have spent nearly every minute of the last 9 days with Tony- and if you know me then you know this is just paradise for me! Tomorrow I also decided to start sparkpeople. It is a weight loss and nutrition site that is free. check it out if you are interested! http://www.sparkpeople.com

No comments:

Post a Comment