Tuesday, August 3, 2010

August 3rd is a life changing kind of day..

Today was the day. I can't believe it , but it was today. The DNA test not only got finished in the 5 business days promised, it was two! The info arrived in Utah for testing on Monday August 2nd. Today at 4:39 I received an email stating that my information was processed and the results were ready.

I logged into the account after taking a couple minutes to digest things. I really didn't have much doubt that Brent was my biological father after looking at his pictures. In his high school year book photo he looks just like tony does now (,minus the hair cut!). My fear was that because we took the DNA test without waiting the hour which it instructed us to wait after eating, that the results were inconclusive. I'm glad to see that I was wrong!

The probability was 99.98%- pretty damn probable. Pretty damn life altering. So exciting!! Next step- meet my sister in SC and her son, my new brother, and Brent's wife who I'm dying to get to know. Hopefully get to meet my older sister in Maine at some point too.

This is a day to remember, this is a day I feel extremely blessed. This is the day I know my genes match the man who is now officially my biological father. But funny as life is, this is the day I miss my Dad the most. I wish he was here with me, but I know in my heart he's been here all along.

No comments:

Post a Comment