Sunday, September 26, 2010

Small things equal large amounts of joy

Small things really matter. I'm learning in this 37th year of my life how very much that is the truth. This has been a year for growing and for change. This is a year of discovery.

I've learned to appreciate the moments of joy I have throughout the day. Little things that make you smile and happy. Maybe its my 13 year old taking the time to speak one on one with me and making me smile. It could be the 5 minutes in the car driving my 15 year old to school - 5 minutes he has to tell me anything he wants while I have his full attention. It could be watching their baseball games and feeling the joy of that good hit, great pitch, or awesome play in the field.

What I'm working on now is extending that gratefulness to more parts of my day. Taking the joy I have in the small things and making it last for hours. Trying to take negativity and throw it out the door (and leave it there!). This is a challenge for me but I'm willing to take the time to work on it. It's easy to get sucked in to the gossip, self pity, or negative thoughts but I plan on fighting them all the way!

A few of those "small things" I've been blessed to experience lately are listed below. What's next? Who knows! I do believe you attract what you put out into the world. I believe in the idea of attraction or Karma. I'm working hard each day to grow and be the best me I can be.

This months happy small things:
  • watching my boys play their favorite sport- baseball.
  • seeing my sons work hard in school and succeeding
  • watching my husbands face radiate with joy while he is on the field with me son.
  • Jarett reading more and liking it!
  • my Dad Brent's email - one line- asking how his girls are and realizing- I'm his girl now too!
  • having a father say i love you again. I miss my dad terribly and hearing this again is a gift from him in Heaven.

Find your small things and revel in them- let them expand into big things. I'm going to try to do the same thing for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment